Site Information

 Loading... Please wait...
  • SEARCH FOR:
  • X

Mushroom Preparation Tips

How to store leftover mushrooms?
We recommend enjoying our mushrooms as soon as purchased. If you have any left over, you can put them in a paper bag and store in the refrigerator.

Can I eat this? My mushrooms developed something that looks like white fuzz or white hairs.
Mushrooms are alive even after harvesting and packaging. Sometimes when the conditions, temperature and humidity are favorable, the mushrooms release their spores, which rapidly grow into white fuzz called mycelium. Despite appearance, they are safe to eat.  You can also wipe these “hairs” off with a wet cloth or paper towel.

What are the white powders around the caps of my king oyster mushroom?
The white powders are spores of the mushrooms. They are safe to eat.  Just like white fuzz or white hairs, you can also wipe these powder off with a wet cloth or paper towel.