Who said making healthier choices meant giving up succulent flavours? This chicken and vegetable quiche is a perfect recipe for health buffs or just anybody who’s looking for a great dish.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 200 ml cream
- 4 eggs
- 150g chicken, cooked and chopped
- 50g cheese, grated
- 100g Chanterelle mushrooms, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 2 tbsps parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- tomatoes, sliced (optional)
- 1/4 Red chilli pepper (sliced) for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200C with the baking sheet inside.
- Place the pastry into a tin that has a collapsable base. Trim the excess pastry if necessary.
- In a frying pan, heat the oil. Once hot, stir in capsicum and onion until softened.
- Add mushrooms and cook until the liquid has evaporated.
- Mix eggs with cream, vegetables (cooled), chicken, salt and pepper, and parsley.
- Pour the mixture into the pastry shell. Add sliced red chilli pepper. (Optional: top with tomato slices)
- Cook on the baking sheet for 30-40 minutes in the oven.
- Let it rest and cool before serving.