Elegant and savory stew, rich and complex.
Prep: 30 mins
Cook: 5 hrs 0 min
Total Time: 5 hrs 30 mins
Yield: 8 cups (8 Servings)
- 1 cup dried black beluga lentils
- 1 cup dried peas
- 1 cup pearled barley
- 6 cups purified water
- 5 tsp mushroom base
- 5-8 morel mushrooms dried
- 5-8 dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 large yellow onion chopped
- 6-8 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 Tbsp tarragon
- 1 Tbsp Sage
- 1 tsp dried or fresh chives
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Tbsp margarine
- Coarsely chop onions and garlic.
- Place all dry ingredients in a crock pot.
- Mix mushroom base in to water and pour into the crock pot.
- Add in olive oil and margarine and stir all ingredients together.
- Set crock pot for 4 hours on high, stirring a couple times to incorporate seasonings that float to the top.