Active: 10 Min
Total Time: 30min
Servings: Makes 2 dozen hors d'oeuvres
- 12 slices of bacon, halved crosswise
- 8 oz. enoki mushrooms, trimmed and split into 24 bundles
- 3 scallions, quartered lengthwise and cut into 3-inch lengths
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange the bacon on it 3 inches apart. Set the mushrooms on the bacon slices. Top with the scallions and season with pepper. Roll up into tight cylinders and secure with toothpicks.
- Roast the enoki bundles for 18 minutes, or until the bacon is browned and crisp. Drain the bundles on paper towels, remove the toothpicks and serve.
Bundles in Step 1 can be made ahead of time and refrigerated overnight.
The mild mushroom and salty bacon here will flatter a creamy but not too oaky Chardonnay.